UKC

Majorca DWS solo late October

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 duncan b 07 May 2024

My family aren't aware yet, but we're planning a family holiday to Majorca for the October half term. I couldn't help but notice there's a lot of DWS there . What are conditions likely to be like in late October and does anyone have any recommendations for the more melo crags suitable for the 6b-7c climber climbing by themselves? As much as I'd like to envisage myself screaming my way, Sharma esq, up the harder test pieces of cova Diabolo, I don't think that's realistic. Any other tips welcome, e.g is is it best to leave things until the afternoon to give the sun some time to burn off the sea smeg? Am I likely to bump into any other climbers (a positive from my point of view because of the safety aspect)?

remus Global Crag Moderator 07 May 2024
In reply to duncan b:

October is high season for DWS in Mallorca so should be good, though obviously you get better and worse days in there. Typically things are better after they've had a little sun + wind on them to dry things off, so afternoon can be good, it depends a lot on the location though.

If you go to any of the popular crags you're likely to have other people climbing with you which is better than being on your own from a safety point of view, but equally set your expectations fairly low about random strangers saving you in time if you fall in badly.

Some classic crags to try out:

OP duncan b 07 May 2024
In reply to remus:

Perfect. Thanks Remus. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...