UKC

Chorley / Lancashire / North-West local evening/weekend climbs

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 JimH14 09 May 2024

Just moved to Chorley for work and looking for local partners for evening climbs over the summer.

I'm sport and some casual bouldering but would love if a patient person could show me the ropes for placing gear/seconding so I can get into trad!

Cheers, Jim

Pglossop 09 May 2024
In reply to JimH14:

Look out for Lancashire Rock Revival on Facebook. Brownstones is a favourite for evening bouldering. 

Ben_M32 11 May 2024
In reply to JimH14:

Hi Jim, I’m just up the road from you on the south side of Preston and keen to find people to get out over summer too

Not a ton of sport on the doorstep but plenty of trad around us for evening outings, I’m usually in Boulder UK a couple of times a week too if you fancy meeting up there anytime.

In reply to JimH14:

I’m looking to do evenings in the Rochdale/Littleborough/Uppermill areas if that suits anyone. 

jim 

Ben_M32 11 May 2024
In reply to JimH14:

Hi Jim, looks like we might get a good evening or two later this week and I’d be keen to visit some crags that way too, easy trip over from Preston and loads to go at over your way so just let me know if you’re up for it any time over summer 

Mancclimb 12 May 2024
In reply to The Freewheelin’ Jim18:

Hi Jim, I'm up this way...ish. Depending on weather and rock dryness, I'm hoping to get to Blackstone Edge tomorrow evening for a bouldering sesh. Normally just trad outdoors.

If you fancy meeting up, feel free to PM me.

In reply to Mancclimb:

Sent you a PM 

OP JimH14 08:14 Thu
In reply to Ben_M32:

Hey Ben, missed these messages sorry. Sounds great mate, patchy weather this week and I'm a bit under the weather anyway so meet up next week at boulderUK?

Won't let me send messages so my numbers 07922185210

Jim

OP JimH14 08:15 Thu
In reply to The Freewheelin’ Jim18:

A little far for me in the evenings Jim, but no problem at the weekends 👍

Ben_M32 10:22 Thu
In reply to JimH14:

No problem, the manflu has hit me this week too 😆

I’ll be in BoulderUK Tuesday night next week at least, probably Wednesday tight too, let me know if you’re up there another time, chance I’ll be in Saturday morning this week as well depending on what the kids are up to….

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...