UKC

Pannier recommendations

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Philip 24 Apr 2024

I have Ortlieb, so other than them, who else makes good panniers suitable for child's first set (small adult frame) - about 25/30L each. If I can't find another good option (in green or orange ) then it'll be the sport rollers.

LastBoyScout 24 Apr 2024
In reply to Philip:

Ortlieb made some 25l ones as part of their bike packing range - grey with orange trim.

Have a look at Altura and Thule on Halfords website.

Jim Lancs 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Philip:

Decathlon make excellent panniers about that size.

OP Philip 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Jim Lancs:That is good to know. I'll have a better look. At first glance they didn't seem to have the same quality as the Ortlieb.

afx22 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Philip:

I’m new to bikepacking but have been spending a lot of time researching what to buy.  

Panniers see to be less popular compared to frame bags, seat packs, bar bags and top tube bags - other than for commuting.  This seems to be because you can fit them to more bikes, as no rack or mounts are needed.  They’re also more aero.

Quality brands to look at are Restrap, Apidura and Tailin - all British companies.  I went for a set of Restrap and have been very happy so far.

d508934 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Philip:

Bit of a hijack, as I’m looking for some panniers too, particularly ones with a rucksack type strap - ortlieb are the only ones I have found so far with this, any others out there??

Tom F Harding 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Philip:

I use a pair of Arkel Dry-Lites and love them. Small, lightweight and completely waterproof. They are made of a burley drybag type material that has held up well to a few crashes, bumps and scrapes.  Can be packed down into a tiny roll. They velcro and strap on so a bit of a faff to get off if you need to remove them but I just leave them on the rack and take that off for transport and storage. Also only available in black. I find panniers much easier to pack and get things out of then saddle packs.

Post edited at 15:19

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...