UKC

Brynsiencyn Bouldering in August

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Powderpuff 16 Apr 2024

Any recommendations for this would be much appreciated. V1-6 range , easy access....and no ticks!

wynaptomos 16 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

Are you sure? I can actually see Brynsiencyn from my house but I have never heard of any climbing there.

string arms 16 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

Nothing at bryn I’m afraid. The closest bouldering is around menai bridge but they are only very minor venues

Britannia bridge boulder and the hendy boulders. 

Benllech area has a good selection of problems that are fine for the solo boulderer with a couple of pads. All details are on the UKC but not in any guide book as yet. 

castell mawr  benllech beach and benllech. 

im only suggesting these as I assume you are looking for the closest venues to where you are staying. Easy if you have transport but I’m not sure about bus services.

CampusBored 17 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

The Marquess Boulder at Menai Bridge is probably your closest venue, has the added benefit of having the Indy climbing wall within walking distance down the road!

Benllech as others have said is a solid choice.

You could join the Anglesey coastal path easily from Brynsiencyn and head up the west coast, there will be an abundance of choice along that coast for a keen eye.

malky_c 17 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

No useful advice but this amused me having grown up in Bryn! As it happens, the garden at my parents house has a rock face in it, but only because it is a level below the high street (so must have been excavated out when the houses on that side of the road were built). Lots of brambles and bird shit on it though so probably not worth the effort…

OP Powderpuff 19 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

Thanks for everyone's recommendations

Reading my post back, I can see the confusion I created....

OP Powderpuff 20 Apr 2024
In reply to all:

Benllech looks perfect...ukc crag section suggests you can get away without a matt as it's got beach landings....I won't have a mat , so that's perfect! Thanks again everyone

Patrick Surguy 20 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

Hope you get some climbing in! 

As a side note - Indy climbing wall hire pads out - https://www.indyclimbingwall.co.uk/bouldering-pad-rental/ - if that’s helpful for ya!

Whoopdeedoo 20 Apr 2024
In reply to Powderpuff:

Did you mean Brynrefail near Llanberis? There’s a few boulders nr Lion rock

OP Powderpuff 21 Apr 2024
In reply to Patrick Surguy:

Thanks for the mat advice

OP Powderpuff 21 Apr 2024
In reply to Whoopdeedoo:

Just tried to look for lion Rock on the crag section but couldn't find it????

Dunthemall 19:06 Mon
In reply to Powderpuff:

Lion Rocks But  Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock) has easier parking and access.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...