UKC

Fontainebleau Van Camping Situation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nfn 03 Jul 2020

Does any one know what the current situation with regard to van camping in Font during these current Covid times?

snoop6060 03 Jul 2020
In reply to nfn:

Well I presume its illegal like it was before covid?

Adrien 03 Jul 2020
In reply to nfn:

Illegal as it's always been. The ONF website also says the three bivy areas are closed until further notice.

You can either go to the small "bivy"/legal parking lot outside Milly-la-Forêt (Google Maps calls it "Parcheggio Camper" (???)), or to a campground (Courtilles du Lido, Boulancourt, La Musardière).

OP nfn 03 Jul 2020
In reply to nfn:

True, however small self contained vans can sometimes get away with it making sure you leave NO mess, just wondering if car parks are open etc

OP nfn 03 Jul 2020
In reply to Adrien:

Perfect, thanks for the info.

TheGeneralist 03 Jul 2020
In reply to nfn:

>  small self contained vans 

Happy to be corrected, but isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

supersteve 04 Jul 2020
In reply to nfn:

If you are coming just stay in one of the campsites. They have great facilities and could do with the missed revenue. The bivi spots are all closed and camping in the car parks is not allowed and antisocial. 

In reply to nfn:

I got an email that Musardiere campsite is open. We often stay there in the van and walk in to climb

Fishmate 04 Jul 2020
In reply to nfn:

Given that the government site (as at today's date) says that two weeks quarantine is necessary upon arrival from the UK. Being in a van wouldn't make you exempt from that.

From gov.uk

""

Travel is subject to entry restrictions

UK nationals entering France from outside the European Area are required to certify that their journey to France is essential and complete relevant documentation

Arrivals from the UK and some other countries are asked to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival in mainland France"".

How is that possible in a van?

pog100 04 Jul 2020
In reply to Fishmate:

I think the first part is already out of date, travel doesn’t have to be essential, the second part does appear to be true but the wording is “advised that a 14 quarantine should be.." isn’t subject to certification and I think it’s a fair bet that this will soon be lifted. I imagine OP is planning for a short while in the future.

Fishmate 04 Jul 2020
In reply to pog100:

> I think the first part is already out of date, travel doesn’t have to be essential, the second part does appear to be true but the wording is “advised that a 14 quarantine should be.." isn’t subject to certification and I think it’s a fair bet that this will soon be lifted. I imagine OP is planning for a short while in the future.

I truly hope so, as I should be preparing for my 3rd trip to France this year. Unfortunately, my cut and paste was taken from the Gov page on travel to France today. I'm somewhat confident their info is necessarily accurate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...