UKC

Scarpa boot resole

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 John Kay 01 May 2024

Can anyone advise if these Scarpa boots can be resoled and if so where? I tried one company and they said they couldn't do it because the sole was injection moulded. I'd be sorry to throw the boots away as they have served me very well over the years...

Post edited at 19:54

jezb1 01 May 2024
In reply to John Kay:

I think Scarpa themselves do? Contact their UK agent, The Mountain Boot Co.

Edited to say: yours do look pretty ancient though so maybe they won’t!

Post edited at 20:05
 cacheson 01 May 2024
In reply to John Kay:

If Mountain Boot Company doesn't work out it would be worth checking LSR and Feet First. I'd be surprised if neither of them could resole them.

OP John Kay 01 May 2024
In reply to jezb1:

Thank you. I will look into it. 

OP John Kay 01 May 2024
In reply to cacheson:

Thanks, I'll give them a try. 

Forester3 02 May 2024
In reply to John Kay:

I’ve a pair of that particular version of Scarpa Mantas and, as it happens, had them resolved only a month ago by Lancashire Sports Repairs Ltd. www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk . They explained the original M3 sole units were no longer available, so fitted a similar Vibram sole unit. The finished result is excellent, so looking forwards to wearing them for many more hill walking adventures!

If the uppers of yours are still in good nick, and they look as if they are, then go for it.

OP John Kay 06 May 2024
In reply to Forester3:

Thanks for that. I had already tried the company, and they said they couldn't do it. I will go back with your comments.

lizard-16-07 06 May 2024
In reply to John Kay:

I had my winter boots which were a similar age resoled by Scarpa themselves, I was really impressed with how quickly they did it considering I had to send them to Italy. The sole was no longer available so actually they came back with the one from the new Manto Pros. It was about £70 a few years back so hopefully they still offer as good a service!

Forester3 06 May 2024
In reply to John Kay:

Strange, though, this was probably because the original sole units are no longer available. However, you able to call in? I called in on the way home from the Lakes back in January, and, after looking at my boots they produced two alternative, though similar, Vibram unit that would fit; one pair with heel and toe welts for step-crampons, the other without. I did have to wait though, their lead in time being around three months! Very pleased with the result though.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...