UKC

Swindon based. trad/sport partner for weekdays gorge/wye

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Nathan Lenehan 02 Apr 2024

Looking for partners to climb trad/sport. I am experienced and happy at E1/2 and F6b/c. Probably in The gorge/ Wye valley but open to trips further away. 

I am particularly looking for someone who can climb weekdays -  which is proving harder to find than nailed jelly to a tree!

thanks

nathan

jon59 03 Apr 2024
In reply to Nathan Lenehan:

PM’d you

slawrence1001 03 Apr 2024

I work in the week but always happy to get a pre/post work climb in at the gorge if you ever were desperate.

Pete 11 Apr 2024

Ha, I used to be based in Swindon but retired to near Romsey on the edge of the New Forest.  Difficult to get decent partners to climb outside at all let alone weekdays here.  So certainly interested in climbing anytime.  Can currently manage HVS/E1 though have climbed a lot harder in the past (see profile).  Contact me if interested.  Pete

GeorgeR 11 Apr 2024

PM'd you

In reply to Pete:

Hi Pete do you get to wye valley/ avon gorge much?

thanks nathan

andrewwaller 20 Apr 2024
In reply to Pete:

Good to see you're  still alive 😂

Pete 21 Apr 2024

I’ll do as far as Wye Valley, Avon, Swanage, Portland for a day.  Happy to do much further with two or three days or more.  Member of Climbers Club so can stay cheaply at huts. 

Pete 21 Apr 2024
In reply to andrewwaller:

Of course stills going strong though not got quite the staying power that I used to have

Tricky Dicky 23 Apr 2024
In reply to Pete:

Hi Pete, gosh I remember you running those climbing courses at the Link centre in the late 1980s, I did about 4 I think. If I remember correctly Ian P fell off at one point and gave you a pair of black eyes!!!!  Good to hear that you're still climbing.

Pete 24 Apr 2024
In reply to Tricky Dicky:Yeah it’s my main claim to fame - getting jumped on by Ian Parnell followed by treading on Joe Brown’s foot in the pub, doing new routes with Hamish Macinnes and offering Chris Boniington a top rope without knowing who he was.  Yeah still going strong though a lot less strong than before.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...