UKC

Garmin connect on the WEB

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 SouthernSteve 23 Apr 2024

This has changed today, my custom fields are gone and the interface is very unadaptable. At least there is Strava and Training Peaks. What do others think?

Bobling 25 Apr 2024
In reply to SouthernSteve:

And today just loads a blank page for me!

pad01 25 Apr 2024

mobile app changed yesterday, it’s awful  

Glug 25 Apr 2024

I've had the new version for a while on the beta program, found it a bit odd to start with but I think it's better now. 

mondite 25 Apr 2024
In reply to Bobling:

> And today just loads a blank page for me!

There was an outage.

I also had the beta version. Few bits still annoying but overall once adjusted its good.

ianstevens 26 Apr 2024
In reply to pad01:

No, it’s just different. I’ve been on the beta for a while and actually find it much more useable, with less digging required for the information I want.

As for the browser version… people still use this?

Bobling 26 Apr 2024
In reply to ianstevens:

Yeah I find it easier to get the very broad info I want (milage per month) and would rather check a window on a pc than spend more time prodding my phone, I am a technology dinosaur though!

Wainers44 26 Apr 2024
In reply to ianstevens:

> No, it’s just different. I’ve been on the beta for a while and actually find it much more useable, with less digging required for the information I want.

> As for the browser version… people still use this?

Gulp,  there's a browser version?? I never knew that!!

Agreed that it's just different and the tweaking you can do (aka customising!) isn't difficult. 

Overall I think you're right,  it seems better. 

Philip 26 Apr 2024

What are custom fields?

ianstevens 26 Apr 2024
In reply to Bobling:

That must take infinitely longer than about 4 presses on a phone screen! 

ianstevens 26 Apr 2024
In reply to Wainers44:

> Gulp,  there's a browser version?? I never knew that!!

From the olden days of syncing via a cable!

> Agreed that it's just different and the tweaking you can do (aka customising!) isn't difficult. 

> Overall I think you're right,  it seems better. 

After some use, I think so - it just takes getting used to!

timjones 26 Apr 2024
In reply to ianstevens:

> That must take infinitely longer than about 4 presses on a phone screen! 

It takes a single click to open a browser and a second click on a tab on the bookmarks bar in that browser.

It might be infinitely quicker than 4 presses on a phone screen

Post edited at 11:19
 steveriley 26 Apr 2024

I’ve been on the beta for a while, mostly fine but reluctant to sync. Often have to manually press sync or switch Bluetooth on and off.

montyjohn 26 Apr 2024
In reply to Bobling:

I don't remember what it was now, but i wanted some information and it was only available in the browser, and not the app.

timjones 26 Apr 2024
In reply to montyjohn:

> I don't remember what it was now, but i wanted some information and it was only available in the browser, and not the app.

The app is OK for a quick glance at my stats, but if I want to take a more in depth look at long term trends the browser version is far superior.

ianstevens 26 Apr 2024
In reply to timjones:

> It takes a single click to open a browser and a second click on a tab on the bookmarks bar in that browser.

> It might be infinitely quicker than 4 presses on a phone screen

Except I have to get out my computer, put in my password, etc etc. and after that it's not even the most up-to-date data, as opening the browser version doesn't force a sync like the phone app.

timjones 26 Apr 2024
In reply to ianstevens:

> Except I have to get out my computer, put in my password, etc etc. and after that it's not even the most up-to-date data, as opening the browser version doesn't force a sync like the phone app.

One of the perks of being self employed is that the computer is a tool that is daily use without anyone to chastise me for personal use,

Syncing is never a problem as it happens automatically after every activity.

compost 26 Apr 2024
In reply to steveriley:

Same here - though synching has always been a bit hit and miss for me. I like the new mobile interface and was on the beta.

The desktop version is brilliant for creating, editing and searching for routes.

Post edited at 14:40
 Bobling 26 Apr 2024
In reply to timjones:

> It takes a single click to open a browser and a second click on a tab on the bookmarks bar in that browser.

> It might be infinitely quicker than 4 presses on a phone screen

Word : ) Not to mention you don't have to look at your phone to do it!

In reply to ianstevens:

> From the olden days of syncing via a cable!

I still do this with my Garmin Edge 500. It's still going strong!

OP SouthernSteve 26 Apr 2024
In reply to Philip:

> What are custom fields?

I have four different pages with just a few panes of information on each, that you could set up easily and one page had the info I liked most - month and year goals, last race and weekly and monthly distances.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...