UKC

Guided climbing practise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JackO3522 17 Sep 2021

Hello

I am looking for people to take multi pitch climbing and scrambling as practice towards my MCI (MIA) reassessment.

The climbing days would involve me focusing on guiding aspects of multi pitch climbing appropriate to your current skill level, and anything specific that you would like to develop. 

It would be ideal for people who want to progress into multi pitch climbing or those who want to improve their multi pitching skills.  

Ideally I am looking for pairs, however if you are alone I am happy to focus more on individual development. 

I am based in the Lakes  and available extensively throughout September. and am willing to travel for multiple days. 

At the moment im currently looking for people for the following dates in the LAKE DISTRICT

- Monday 20th through to Friday 24th next week 

A little about me - Im an extremely experienced and passionate instructor who has been lucky to climb extensively across the Uk and further a field as well. I have already sat my assessment and just need to go back for a few hours to redo the guiding part.

Get in touch via jackoliver84@gmail.com | 07502604166 or find me on Instagram 

Jack_oliver3522

Let me know your experience level, what you would like to do and what skills you would like to develop and we can discuss further. 

Note:

MIA/MCI Trainee - As an MIA/MCI trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity

john arran 17 Sep 2021
In reply to JackO3522:

Struggling to see the reason for the OP dislikes, unless of course the dislikers know something beyond what's in the OP. He's been very clear about his situation, his qualification status and what that means. 

Maybe the dislikes are from spelling nazis incensed by the title?

OP JackO3522 30 Sep 2021
In reply to john arran:

I'm not really sure either to be honest with you... Spelling is just spelling not sure why to some people it's a massive issue.

I want to practice not have a spelling test. 

olddirtydoggy 30 Sep 2021
In reply to JackO3522:

I've no issue whatsoever with your post but the part where you claim you're an "extremely experienced and passionate instructor" might rattle a few members when further down you state "I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award".  I just know what some can be like on here.

Personally, whilst we can't really help you, I do wish you all the best in your request and hopefully somebody might be able to team up for your dates. Everybody has to start somewhere to get qualified, what better place to come for dummy clients than a climbing forum. Good luck.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...