UKC

Scarpa climbing shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nightswim444 25 Jul 2019

hey guys! so, a few days ago i picked up a pair of scarpa force v size 43.5 (eu).

these were my first pair of climbing shoes, as i have been renting shoes at my local gym for a few months now. i have yet to try them on the wall.

the shoes fit very snugly and are just a bit painful on one side. i was thinking about replacing them for a size 44 but was told they would strech a bit, and i believe that if they would soften just a little they would fit perfectly. i should also say that i am not looking for an adam ondra type fit, and want something reasonably snug comfy.

that being said, now i kind of regret going for the scarpa force v, and am thinking about returning them and buying the scarpa vapor v, which some friends recomended.

now here is the question- if the size 43.5 force v's are somewhat of a perfect fit, which size vapors should i order? 43.5 or 44? do they run smaller than the forces because of the downturn?

did someone use both shoes and can tell me the size difference?

Jon Stewart 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Nightswim444:

I've used both a lot. As a first pair of shoes, the Force are a good bet. They'll stretch a bit, I'd persevere with them. I think it'll be a while until the difference in technicality between Force and Vapour becomes meaningful for you, you're not going to climb any better in more downturned shoes unless you're on very steep ground with very small footholds.

I can use the same size in both Force and Vapours (I think) - but some other Scarpas are completely different sizes for the same size, so always try anything before buying as there is never a guarantee that something you haven't used before will fit.

Nightswim444 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Thanks! That is helpful...

Altough i could return the force, buy the vapors and still have a few dollars left on .the side

I think that i would get the vapors, just so. that i have that tiny bit of future proofing

I have tried the vapors in the store and they fit me very well i am just unsure about the size, would you reccomend on buying the same size?

Jon Stewart 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Nightswim444:

Buy the size you tried on, if they fitted. But I'm not sure I'd worry about future-proofing, rockshoes wear out quickly. So quickly in fact that I refuse to buy them brand new at full price, I always look for people selling them because they've bought the wrong size...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...