UKC

NEWS: 19 years after his first attempt, Didier Berthod climbs Cobra Crack

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 17 May 2024

19 years after he sought to make the first free ascent of the 25 metre finger crack, Didier Berthod has returned, and - at the age of 43 - finally made a free ascent of Cobra Crack, 5.14a.

Read more

treesrockice 17 May 2024
In reply to UKC News:

So cool! What a story!

Jim Climber 17 May 2024
In reply to UKC News:

This is amazing! The First Ascent film was great, I hope they can do a follow-up- would be a great end to this chapter for him.

McHeath 17 May 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Is help from Above ethical? Maybe I should join a monastery, get ordained and then go for some of those big ticks on my list …

In reply to UKC News:

Best news I've heard in a good ol' while. Brought tears to my eyes. Genuinely so inspired and impressed by this story. What an absolute wad. The original First Ascent film was immense. The podcast with Grimer was stunning and now this. Just climbing perfection. 

In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic, well done Didier! Whenever I see or read anything about Cobra Crack it’s always his name that comes to mind. It always felt like he really deserved to get this done and his section in First Ascent is probably one of my favourite bits of climbing film.

Post edited at 19:21
 nawface 17 May 2024
In reply to UKC News:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/32F0fKdpvYNkGup6pRtKMk?si=t0vJQrlZQbOiynu9...

Didier on Jam Crack podcast.  Really interesting for those who enjoyed Didier on First Ascent like myself

team fat belly 19 May 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing news, what an effort and what a story.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...