UKC

Phantom Tech vs G Tech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi All

Has anyone climbed in the latest Phantom Techs and G Techs and can offer a comparison. 

I'm looking for a boot for technical ice and mixed. Mostly in a continental climate, but OK for Scottish winter too.

I've got some Baturas, phantom 6000s and trangos, so only looking for a purely technical climbing boot- I use other boots for colder and warmer activities. 

Cheers

Will

echo34 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Will_Thomas_Harris:

I tried the G tech recently, they are phenomenally light and very quick and easy to put on and take off. However I found the BOA system didn’t provide sufficient hold around the heel and ankle, it just kinda holds the mid foot tightly and I couldn’t get a secure fit. They feel stiffer than the phantom but I went with the phantoms in the end as the fit was better. The G tech felt like they’d be super precise  and sensitive as they are so light 

Post edited at 01:32
 smithaldo 08 Aug 2023
In reply to Will_Thomas_Harris:

I think mark might have the g-tech will... or maybe the G5 actually. ah yes, thinking about it, def the latter as he has had them 5 years or so (time flies as you get older) Guess they will be very similar to the phantom's though? 

Surely the cham crowd could give you an opinion???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...