UKC

Sleeping bag ideas/ suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Spagnal2012 27 Dec 2023

Hi everyone, 

I'm in the process of needing to replace some sleeping bags.... 

Has anyone any suggestions on something that covers fown to around 5 degrees (covered adter that) with a small pack size? 

Alpkit do their 'ultra' range of primaloft bags which really like the look off and rate primaloft in jackets so why not I suppose.   

I also saw some EV300 bags at go outdoors which call themselves a 3 season but for me they looked a cold 3 season bag! Only around £50 but I imagine there will be a downside! 

Happy to pay up to around £200 but less would be a bonus as I have more left over to pay for the divorce from buying more kit 🤣🤣🤣 

Uk use, often wet and in a bivibag so synthetic is preferred, unless these fancy down bags that work in the wet are as good as they sound? 

I know the saying of cheap/light/warm and to be honest the sacrifice for me will be the warm side! I tend to sleep hot and normally have the synthetic belay jacket as a back up/pillow depending on the temp!  

Many thanks 

Andy 

olddirtydoggy 27 Dec 2023
In reply to Spagnal2012:

For warm down bags perhaps second hand might work, there are some down bags floating around on Facebook and Ebay that often claim little use and can be cleaned cheaply. Depending on where you live, the Rab factory shop at Alfreton often has bags at 40% off.

AlanLittle 28 Dec 2023
In reply to Spagnal2012:

I have a Rab Solar Eco 0 - not very warm, although supposedly rated to 5°, but light for a synthetic & well made.

I mainly bought mine to use as an overbag for a 2-3 season down bag for colder bivvies. For standalone use I'd really want something a bit more substantial - Solar Eco 1 is the warmer version, still at a very reasonable weight for a synthetic, and you'd probably find it under £200 on sale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...