UKC

Avon Main Wall Stake Bash

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cheese Monkey 15 Jul 2024

Good morning all, the stake bash will be going ahead above Main Wall / Main Area in Avon this Saturday at 12:30 onwards until complete. Come along to lend a hand if you like, but please please do not climb in the area whilst we are working, hopefully for obvious reasons. Thanks

Post edited at 11:26
 Simon Pelly 15 Jul 2024
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

"...Come along to lend a hand if you like..." - What sort of help might be needed?

"...stake bash..." - What sort of work is being undertaken? Is this related to the recent crowd fundraiser?

P.S. I did contribute to this in any case - https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/avon-main-wall-stake

OP Cheese Monkey 15 Jul 2024
In reply to Simon Pelly:

Identifying where they need to go (although I have a pretty good idea) and bashing stakes in! Have a generator and drill on hire that need to be lugged about too

OP Cheese Monkey 20 Jul 2024

Today was a great success. 28 belay stakes in. If we've missed any - let me know, have 5 spare! Big thanks to everyone who took part today or donated and thanks to BMC for supporting the event and contributing a very significant chunk of money.

Brilliant work - Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to the crowdfunding, and especially to those who 'Got Stuck In!' on Saturday. These stakes are literally life saving!

Cheers, Dom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...