UKC

Mallorca - accommodation?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lankyman 19 Jul 2024

Thinking of going to Mallorca in late October (two of us) and wondered if anyone can recommend anywhere? Probably just walking. Last time I went (took Mum about six years ago) we stayed in a hotel in Magaluf. Apart from an apartment in Arenal it's always been Magaluf/Palma Nova as that always seemed to be the best value option. Looking through Booking.com this would still seem to be the case (£360 - 440-ish depending on meal options). Thanks.

Pedro50 19 Jul 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

Last autumn we stayed at Soller Garden chalets in Port Soller and liked it enough to rebook this year. Individual chalets, clean but basic, good shower etc.

No fridge or cooking facilities. Five minutes walk to sea front. Excellent pool (don't even think about diving in!)

Bus stop nearby, buffet breakfast provided.

Quirky but we came to like it.

OP Lankyman 19 Jul 2024
In reply to Pedro50:

Thanks. I've been to Soller to climb/walk but not stayed there. I'll take a look. Did you use a car based there?

Pedro50 19 Jul 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

We did have a car mainly because we were going somewhere else remote for a second week. We did the Torrent de Pareis via bus and boat, and started walks from Soller via bus. Definitely doable carless.

Wullie 19 Jul 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

Myself and the wife were there in May.  We stayed in Es Moli in Deia.  Lovely place.

We done an excellent walk from Deia to Valdemossa, which had great views right along the Tramuntana range, with a high point where you could see the majority of the island.  Highly recommended, took approx 4 hours. Reasonably well signed and of medium difficulty, with only a couple of loose sections where the track has suffered landslips.  Be sure to have some water and hat/suncream, as  there is little to no shade available for long stretches at the top.

Have fun and look out for the goats…..

P.S the walk from Deia to Soller is also very enjoyable and fairly easy with a nice cake stop in an old Farmhouse in the hills just before Soller.

OP Lankyman 19 Jul 2024
In reply to Wullie:

Thanks for this. Yes, done lots of walking on the Tramuntana. Quite fancy doing the trail along it one day but not sure if I'm up to it? When I was at Valldemossa a few years ago I left Mum having a coffee and nipped up onto the ridge. Since my first visit there years earlier they seem to have introduced a permit system on the Archduke's Camino part due to pressure of numbers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...