UKC

FS: 1.9 Skoda Octavia Estate (2007) £1200

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam W (user since 19/Oct/04) 20 Jul 2024
Price: £1,200.00

As every good UKCer knows, the Skoda Octavia is the preferred climber's car and ours is ready for a new home (having been replaced by a slightly newer version of the same type).  We live in South Shropshire, SY7, a couple of miles from the MTB trails in Hopton Woods.

Mechanically this car is great, I've done 650 miles in it this week and would happily set out in it to do the same next week.  Total mileage is 167,000 miles, owned by us since about 95,000 miles. Cosmetically it's generally fine, but has a couple of dents, see below for more detail.

Good points

• Very reliable
  • Great fuel economy, easy to get 60-65mpg on a decent run
  • 1.9 PD engine is as reliable as they come
  • Had new gearbox at 100,000 miles
  • The vast majority of the miles we've done in it were long runs
  • Tow bar (we've only used it with a bike rack)
  • Serviced every 10,000 miles
  • 2 keys
  • You get to turn up at the crag to approving nods from those around you
  • No warning lights on

Room for improvement

• MOT until mid-September
  • Front left suspension is rattling, have had the same noise before and it was a bush that needed replacing
  • Cambelt is due for a change
  • Main CD player doesn't work (but the multi CD changer in the boot does)
  • Air con doesn't work
  • Dent in sill on passenger side.  I did this about 4 years ago and it's never affected MOT
  • Small dent and plastic trim damage on drivers side from a very low speed impact in Wales' smallest multistory car park

Happy for people to come and view, my number is 07974 707932 and we're available most of the weekend.  I'll probably be in Newport (south Wales) on Wednesday and possibly Warrington on Tuesday if that's helpful for anyone.

Post edited at 09:14

OP Sam W 21 Jul 2024
In reply to Sam W:

It's now had its annual clean, and a brand new tyre can be added to the list of good points.

Full set of photos here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V30VUVmJg3VnfhlxZIZ33oYpZa6V_HtA?us...

Drop me a message if you have any questions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...