UKC

GoOutdoors online price Match

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shlee91 28 Jun 2024

Has anyone tried Gooutdoors Price Match for an online purchase? 

How easy is it to get a refund as per their policy of buying first and claim a refund later?

Tony the Blade 28 Jun 2024
In reply to shlee91:

I found it super easy, in fact the advice I was given was told to me by a GO employee.

I bought a Garmin watch online at the standard retail price, when I collected it I returned it 'boxed and unused'. I then asked the shop assistant if it was for sale and she said it was, so I found the price match and asked for that plus another 10%... she agreed as it's policy.

In other words, my purchase arranged for delivery to the store where I bought it.

OP shlee91 28 Jun 2024
In reply to Tony the Blade: 

Seems like a decent workaround but sounds convoluted.

I just wondered if they would honor the online price match process.

I might give it a go and if no joy I can always do a return to the store.

angry pirate 29 Jun 2024
In reply to shlee91:

I have done this a couple of times with crampons and boots. The first time I went in store with the website of the cheaper deal on my phone and the manager honoured it.

More recently, I found boots online, rang Go Outdoors about the price match. I was skeptical about paying full whack and the being refunded but the refund had taken place before the boots had even appeared at my local store for pick up.

deacondeacon 29 Jun 2024
In reply to shlee91:

Price matching through gooutdoors is pretty shitty. Undercutting the smaller Independent stores who can offer much better advice and service, while working with there smaller margins. Once they're gone, stores like gooutdoors won't be keeping their lower prices low. They'll soon creep up to retail prices but without the helpful staff. 

Godwin 30 Jun 2024
In reply to deacondeacon:

> Price matching through gooutdoors is pretty shitty. Undercutting the smaller Independent stores who can offer much better advice and service, while working with there smaller margins. Once they're gone, stores like gooutdoors won't be keeping their lower prices low. They'll soon creep up to retail prices but without the helpful staff. 

I agree with your sentiments, but think that cat left the bag a long time ago, and also IMO, rather too much outdoor kit is price fixed, with the manufacturers controlling the price, to preserve perceived brand value, and the retailers collude in this, maybe willingly, or maybe not, but it is there.

deacondeacon 30 Jun 2024
In reply to Godwin:

Well that's just not true is it. There are still independent shops, and they are most definitely still  being undercut. The whole thread is literally asking for advice on what steps to take to process the undercut.

As for manufacturers controlling the price, again this is bollocks or the 10% reduction wouldn't be possible, as well as the fact that the independents have differing prices too. 

Godwin 30 Jun 2024
In reply to deacondeacon:

> Well that's just not true is it. There are still independent shops, and they are most definitely still  being undercut. The whole thread is literally asking for advice on what steps to take to process the undercut.

> As for manufacturers controlling the price, again this is bollocks or the 10% reduction wouldn't be possible, as well as the fact that the independents have differing prices too. 

Please do not say my opinion is bollocks, it is rude and uncalled for. I have over 40 years of retail experience and know of what I speak.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...