UKC

Everest Base Camp Trek Timing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 milan_span 28 Jun 2024

Hi,
me and my friends are planning the Everest Base Camp trek this autumn, however, due to some time limitations, we are thinking of doing it in the period of roughly September 5 to September 21.
Could anyone please provide an honest opinion whether it is a good idea or we should rather wait and set off at the end of September or in October ? I have read that the trekking season in the region starts roughly around September 15, that is why I am not sure whether the weather will be stable enough at the beginning of September.

Thanks in advance for any reply !

Lankyman 29 Jun 2024
In reply to milan_span:

Have you organised a guide for your trek?

Brass Nipples 29 Jun 2024
In reply to milan_span:

You’ll catch the end of the monsoon for those dates.   That doesn’t mean it rains all day, but expect it to roll in most afternoons / evenings at some point. The leeches are also out having a party, but no big deal.  The advantage is that it’s a lot quieter.  

Are you planning to do the full walk in from the road head or fly into Lukla? The latter will be more problematic due to monsoon rains.  Though morning are usually nice and clear.

Kimberley 29 Jun 2024
In reply to milan_span:

That's really quite early, much better to go later and in fact I like being there in Nov, colder but often settled weather and quieter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...