UKC

Annual European Breakdown cover for 12 year old VW campervan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Pryor 24 Jun 2024

I'm struggling to find a reasonable policy which covers a campervan of this age?

Needed in the next couple of days as we travel on Friday!

I've tried Adrian Flux but they only do it alongside the motor insurance policy. Also CBC/Eversure who will apparently sell me a policy even though it isn't valid for vehicles over 5 years old!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DaveHK 24 Jun 2024
In reply to Alex Pryor:

Have you tried Green Flag? Also, is it for a single or multiple trips? We were much cheaper getting cover for a single trip to Europe and year round cover in the UK.

janegallwey 24 Jun 2024
In reply to Alex Pryor:

LV used to cover my 20 year old Scudo van with 200,000+ miles for a reasonable price including European cover. 

No idea if they still do, the van still hasn’t died but it has been passed on to another ukcer 😁

Jonathan Emett 27 Jun 2024
In reply to Alex Pryor:

Until 4 years ago when I sold it, I used aa for my 16ish year-old T4 self-conversion.

Not cheap. Was about 3-400pa.

I think if you have UK cover with them first, it overall works out cheaper?

Rik 27 Jun 2024
In reply to Alex Pryor:

I use ETA www.eta.co.uk. They cover vehicles up to 20 years old and a VW T5 is (just) small enough to meet their size criteria. Very reasonable price and have had to call them out in the UK (but never abroad); they were very efficient.

Rik

Post edited at 16:35
 Jenny C 27 Jun 2024
In reply to Alex Pryor:

Green Flag have recently changed and now cover vehicles up to (I think) 26. Certainly will cover at 12, although no idea about premiums if you're looking a years European cover rather than a holiday 

In reply to Alex Pryor:

Usual answer, get one of these:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/best-packaged-bank-accounts/

I haven't combed all the T&Cs for you but the couple I ctrl-f'd through didn't have age restrictions.

Cheese Monkey 28 Jun 2024
In reply to Alex Pryor:

Check with VW, Ford provided European breakdown cover if we had our old Transit serviced at the dealer. Extremely good value. Worth checking if your manufacturer offer similar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...