UKC

Today at the Test (may contain spoilers)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Oh, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Anderson. Is he England’s best ever player? What a fantastic career.

In reply to Christheclimber:

What a bowler!

He is so not bothered about all the pomp around his 'last match'! You can see his discomfort with it all. That's possibly why he dropped that dolly caught and bowled which would have meant he finished off with a wicket.

Alan

David Alcock 12 Jul 2024

First and only time I've shed a tear at sport. 

GrahamD 12 Jul 2024

This turns out to be a very short TATT thread ! Hope the Windies turn up for the next one.

Jimmy should come out of retirement and finish his career at OT against Sri Lanka (I have tickets so would love to see him one last time ) which would mean that he would almost certainly overtake the Drugs Cheat, Mr Warne, in the all time wickets list. This would really annoy the Convicts as of course they claim Warne should be at the top of the list as Muri was a chucker.

earlsdonwhu 12 Jul 2024

Unfortunately, a young and inexperienced WI team were trounced. It's absurd that schedules don't allow some warm up game( s) against county sides to get used to conditions. 5 day Tests that don't reach half way is not great .

GrahamD 13 Jul 2024
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

How many of this WI team were on their Australian tour ? Those guys certainly gained some experience ! Anyway, i think it was on the last England tour they got trounced in the first test and went on to win the next.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...