UKC

Crash Diet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
And 14 Mar 2003
Right heres one for all climbers out there constantly battling weight. Whats the best way to crash diet, lose loads of weight and still have enough energy to climb hard.
chris tan 14 Mar 2003
In reply to And:

Dream on mate!
Andy_god 14 Mar 2003
In reply to chris tan: haha why dont u cut ur knob off! well that will get rid off 1lb, then ur legs, cuz u'll be so light and strong u wont need them, u'll be able to do everything footless
OP And 14 Mar 2003
In reply to Andy_god: Thing is fella u won't be able to get to the crag then without any legs.
By cutting your knob off you'll lose a 1lb. Is that from experience then. And if it is ONLY a 1lb. How embarassing!!!
DaveH 14 Mar 2003
In reply to And:

Forget it. Crash diets are a waste of time.
FishCake 14 Mar 2003
In reply to And:

simple.

eat nothing but soup made from veges... just put your favourites in a pan with some potatoes and some stock and cook it for about 3mins... add whatever herbs / spices you want for flavouring and hey presto...

oh, dont forget to shove it in a blender when its done - you digest it quicker adn get more nutrients out of it. have as much as you want, you will power your body but not consume any fat...

i can lose about a stone and a half in a week by doing this..... and unlike regular dieting i still feel great adn full of energy....

Luisa Giles 14 Mar 2003
In reply to And:
diuretics!!!
Peter Walker 14 Mar 2003
In reply to Luisa Giles: As recommended by Shane Warne's mum.
Luisa Giles 14 Mar 2003
In reply to Peter Walker:
well he had to lose his puppy fat after that shoulder injury someway, he needed to play in the world cup. His mum said he did it for his confidence??
Peter Walker 14 Mar 2003
In reply to Luisa Giles: And nobody spotted the slight flaw in his plan!
Luisa Giles 14 Mar 2003
In reply to Peter Walker:
ay!!
 Ken McCulloch 14 Mar 2003
In reply to And: Stop drinking alcohol; give up eating carbohydrates including sugars, live on proteins and salad. Depending how fat you are you will be able to loose several lbs (pounds - thats about half a kilo for the under 30s) per week. Your metabolism will adjust to the change and start to metabolise fat so you have as much energy as on a high-carb diet.
> Whats the best way to crash diet, lose loads of weight and still have enough energy to climb hard.

A friend of mine went to Chamonix after finishing his exams and lost over a stone in two weeks by spending most days walking up and down the non-glacial side of the valley, with the other days spent climbing.

Oh and camp cooking probably helped too.

CCW
Charlotte 14 Mar 2003
In reply to And: Crash dieting is a VERY bad idea. It crashes your metabolism as your body thinks it's going into a famine so it will try and hang on to all the fat it can. You won't lose weight properly and when you do start to eat properly again you will put all of the weight back on and possibly even a bit more.
A much more sensible idea if you really want to (and need to) lose weight is to eat 250 calories less a day and expend 250 calories more a day.
Andy_god 14 Mar 2003
In reply to Charlotte: my willy is less than 1lb thank u very much, but ur mum still doesnt complain
BenThorne 16 Mar 2003
In reply to Charlotte:

> A much more sensible idea if you really want to (and need to) lose weight is to eat 250 calories less a day and expend 250 calories more a day.

Possibly the first bit of sense spoken. A sentance that sums it up perfectly. Due to highly differing metabolsims (mine is ultra slow so I can see the flab grow even before I've finished a Mars bar! - my friends is so fast he's shitting one end of the Mars bar out as the back end goes in his mouth), there is no hard and fast rule for weight loss that can be applied on a wide scale.

Jonathan T 16 Mar 2003
In reply to Charlotte:
> A much more sensible idea if you really want to (and need to) lose weight is to eat 250 calories less a day and expend 250 calories more a day.

That does follow the standard rule of eat less energy than you use. For many people it won't work and it isn't that simple though. Crash diets are definately noty the way to go though. For me I think I need a high protein, low carb diet as even on a relatively low calorie diet with carbs I don't lose weight. It would help if I didn't have a sedentary job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...