UKC

NEWS: F*ck the System, 8C+, receives fourth ascent

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 19 Jun 2024

Pietro Vidi has made the fourth ascent of Shawn Raboutou's 8C+ boulder Fuck the System, in Fionnay, Val de Bagnes, Switzerland.

Read more

Rampart 20 Jun 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Curiously the UKC matrix won't let me refer to the route name in the comments without censoring. Double standards, I say.

Robert Durran 20 Jun 2024
In reply to Rampart:

> Curiously the UKC matrix won't let me refer to the route name in the comments without censoring. Double standards, I say.

Indeed. The system is f***ed.

TheGeneralist 20 Jun 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Swearing is useful in certain limited contexts to add emphasis. In others it is just tedious and unnecessary.

Does the importance of the fourth ascent of some boulder problem really warrant the word f* ck?

abcdefg 20 Jun 2024
In reply to TheGeneralist:

> Swearing is useful in certain limited contexts to add emphasis. In others it is just tedious and unnecessary.

> Does the importance of the fourth ascent of some boulder problem really warrant the word f* ck?

My own question is: which particular system is Shawn Raboutou (a pro climber, apparently sponsored by various commercial companies) asking to be f-ucked?

Post edited at 21:30
 FactorXXX 20 Jun 2024
In reply to abcdefg:

> My own question is: which particular system is Shawn Raboutou (a pro climber, apparently sponsored by various commercial companies) asking to be f-ucked?

He's American, so it's probably the UK Trad grading system as it might be a bit difficult for him to understand. 

Tom Valentine 20 Jun 2024

> Swearing is useful in certain limited contexts to add emphasis. In others it is just tedious and unnecessary.

Indeed. I recently came across the claim that casual profanity is a sign of low f***king intelligence.

Tom Valentine 20 Jun 2024

You must have friends in high places to be allowed a single asterisk.

FactorXXX 20 Jun 2024
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> You must have friends in high places to be allowed a single asterisk.

I think he added a cunning space between the * and the ck.

Michael Hood 21 Jun 2024
In reply to FactorXXX:

B'jesus, now we're getting into a discussion about f**king star etiquette!

That space is really quite cu**ing 😁

Post edited at 07:09
 PaulJepson 21 Jun 2024
In reply to abcdefg:

Maybe the System Board?

Robert Durran 21 Jun 2024
In reply to Michael Hood:

> B'jesus, now we're getting into a discussion about f**king star etiquette!

This thread seems well and truly f***ed.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...