UKC

Leki Poles...Why do the baskets have that little cut away?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RichJ634 25 Dec 2009
Ok, so in the name of all pointless discussions, here goes!

I received some Leki poles from Santa. Why do the baskets have a little round cutaway? I can't for the life of me think of a reason why its necessary apart from to save weight...but that's a bit extreme...it must only save 4g. Anyone any ideas?

Here is the link to what they look like...http://www.leki.com/trekking/trekkingAccessory.php?aID=4

Merry Christmas
Rich
 Only a hill 25 Dec 2009
In reply to RickyJ634:
It's so that the poles can nest together snugly, if you choose to stow them folded up in a single rucksack side pocket. Each little cutaway slot neatly engages with the pointy bit on the other pole.
 chrisbaggy 25 Dec 2009
In reply to RickyJ634:
So you can clip two together in some form or other? i.e. the "pole" of the other pole clips into the cut away?
Thats wot i always presumed they were for.

Chris
OP RichJ634 25 Dec 2009
In reply to chrisbaggy:

Fair play. It does kinda work! Just awaiting the abuse to come now for a being a vacant dim wit!

In reply to RickyJ634:

You're a vacant dimwit.

Just so as not to disappoint you.
 Damo 26 Dec 2009
In reply to RickyJ634:

The above posters are correct - you are a vacant dimwit

That aside, the poles usually come with a small double-sided clip thingy and if you use that in the middle, or up near the grips, then locking one pole bit into the cut-out bit in your basket, joins the poles at two points and keeps them together securely (not see-sawing just on the middle double-sided clip thingy).

:-D
 pog100 26 Dec 2009
In reply to RickyJ634:

all ski poles have the same thing, makes life a lot easier when carrying loosely

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...