UKC

NEWS: UKC Paris 2024 Olympic Athlete Profile Cards Completed

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 25 Jul 2024

With one day to go until the Opening Ceremony kicks off the Paris 2024 Olympic Games, we're excited to share our completed 'Top Trumps'-style Sport Climbing athlete cards showcasing the 68 climbers from 22 countries.

Read more

Luke90 28 Jul 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks. As someone that doesn't generally pay a great deal of attention to comp climbing but who might watch some of the Olympics, these summaries are really interesting. 

I'm less sure about the format and navigation, at least on mobile. I found it very difficult to scroll vertically without accidentally drifting left or right onto a different athlete's profile. And even if that was less fiddly, I'm not sure how much value it has anyway, as it drops you into the middle of the profile without being able to see the title. It would be useful to have a back or close button permanently on the screen, especially as the finicky scrolling makes getting to the top or bottom buttons frustrating. And if you're not on a pretty nippy connection so that the content takes a few seconds to load, it looks like the navigation hasn't worked while it's waiting. Overall, I think I'd prefer simple static pages.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...